£32,866 – £37,678 per annum with a discretionary range to £39,534 for exceptional candidates
41.5 hours per week (shift pattern)
St Hugh’s College is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Sous Chef with excellent benefits:
- Employment with the College provides enrolment into the Oxford Staff Pension Scheme (OSPS);
- 30 days of annual leave and 8 public holidays per year for full time equivalent staff (8 days of annual leave is reserved to cover the Christmas break when the College is closed);
- Provision of meals free of charge while on duty when the kitchens are open and tea and coffee;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Free annual flu jab;
- Free eye tests for all staff;
- Travel Pass Loan;
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Bike Loan;
- Access to University staff benefits.
Working alongside three other Sous Chefs, the Sous Chef will be responsible for running the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence. The Sous Chef will work with the team to produce a wide variety of dishes for various catering demands within this busy kitchen, including College catering, fine-dining, banquets, afternoon tea, development/VIP events and conferencing. The successful candidate must be a good team player and be able to work independently to an extremely high standard. Previous kitchen experience in a similar role, together with an NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) are essential.
St Hugh’s is a self-governing College of Oxford University and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Further details of the role can be found at https://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/people-life/work-for-us/vacancies/
Please see the job description Sous Chef Job description Oct 2023
To apply for this role please download, fill out and submit an Application Form and an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and send alongside a copy of your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be taken up for the successful candidate.
The closing date for applications is midday on Monday 13th November 2023.