Getting Started Guide
Expand All +
1. How to get IT Support
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest response.
- Telephone: 01865 274931 – leave a voicemail and we will get back to you (please note it is often quicker and more efficient to e-mail us).
- If you need to visit us in person then we are generally on site between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Sometimes we’re away from the office attending other jobs.
- If you’d like to book an appointment with us, then you can do so here.
2. Activate your Single Sign-On (SSO)
3. Get Connected to the WiFi
- The WiFi network is called Eduroam.
- You need to sign up for a Remote Access/Eduroam Account: https://register.it.ox.ac.uk
- For mobile devices, Go to your App store and search for the “geteduroam” app. Follow the instructions.
- For Macs and PCs, enter your username in the format shug1234@OX.AC.UK and your remote access password – this is not the same as your SSO password.
- Not all devices support Eduroam. For more information please see our website.
4. Email Accounts
5. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- When you setup your e-mail account you will be prompted to add an authentication method such as a phone or app which will be used when you login to help secure your account.
- We recommend you create at least 2 different methods of authentication, (such as a mobile phone and a landline phone), as if you lose your mobile phone then you can easily get locked out of your account.
- To add additional authentication methods, go to:
6. Free Software
7. Door Access
- Your issued University Card is your door access throughout College.
- Keep it with you at all times.
- Keep your card active by using it regularly on one of the many silver square readers by the doors.
- If you have problems with access or lose your card then please speak to the Lodge.
8. Catering (Cashless System)
- Your University Card is your meal ticket.
- You can top-up on www.upay.co.uk and you should have received a password for this service via e-mail. Your username is your e-mail address in the format email@example.com
- See the https://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/current-students/food/ for more information.
9. Useful Contact Information and Resources
Welcome to IT – www.it.ox.ac.uk/welcome/
Oxford University IT Services: http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/
St Hugh’s IT Services website: https://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/current-students/it-services/