Dr Panico (Nick) Stylianou’s academic area of interest is in Greek History and Historiography, especially of the Classical period but including Alexander the Great and the early successors. Nick has a BA Hons (Lancaster), MPhil (Newcastle) and DPhil (Oxon).
- “The Untenability of Peace with Persia in the 460s BC” in Meletai kai Hypomnemata – Travaux et Memoires, Archbp. Makarios III Foundation, 2 (1989)
- The Age of the Kingdoms: a Political History of Cyprus in the Archaic and Classical Periods (Nicosia, 1989)
- “The Pax Macedonica and the Freedom of the Greeks of Asia (with an appendix on the chronology of the years 323-301)” in the Annual of the Cyprus Research Centre, 20 (1994)
- A Historical Commentary on Diodorus Siculus Book 15 (Oxford, 1998)
- “One Anabasis or Two?” in The Long March: Xenophon and the Ten Thousand, ed. Robin Lane Fox (Yale, 2004)
Current research (books):
- Thucydides, Diodorus and the Pentecontaetia: History and Historiography (in progress)