£44,116-£48,651 per annum
40 hours per week (weekend and evening flexibility will be required)
St Hugh’s College seeks a Deputy Catering Manager to join its Catering Department on a permanent basis. As a member of the College, staff have access to the following benefits:
- Enrolment into the Oxford Staff Pension Scheme (OSPS)
- 30 days of annual leave and 8 public holidays per year for full time equivalent staff (8 days of annual leave is reserved to cover the Christmas break when the College is closed)
- Provision of meals free of charge while on duty when the kitchens are open and tea and coffee
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives, including access to an EAP, free annual flu jab, and free eye tests for all staff
- A discounted travel scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Bike Loan
- Access to University Staff Benefits
Reporting to the Catering Manager, the successful postholder will oversee all day-to-day front-of-house catering activities. The Catering Department plays a crucial role within the College community as it is responsible for feeding students, Fellows, staff and guests from breakfast through dinner as well as special functions and events during term time. Outside of term the College hosts conferences, and a variety of other functions, for which the department offers the full range of catering services. St Hugh’s provides fresh and exciting catering for 51 weeks of the year.
The successful candidate will have a passion for excellent hospitality and food service with the drive to ensure a consistently high standard of customer service. They will have experience leading front-of-house or catering teams and in delivering a high standard service in a hotel, restaurant, college, or similar high-quality catering environment.
Please see the job description for more details on the post.
To apply, please complete the application form below together with the equal opportunities monitoring form and return it to email@example.com.
Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
St Hugh’s is a self-governing College of Oxford University and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Please let us know if you believe there are any reasonable adjustments we should be making to assist you with your application.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 15th January 2024
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org