Salary: £22,015 per annum
35 hours per week
Fixed term maternity over – 9 months
St Hugh’s College is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Housekeeper to learn and progress with excellent financial and work/life balance benefits;
- Pension: employment with the College provides enrolment into the Oxford Staff Pension Scheme (OSPS).
- Annual leave: 30 days annual leave and 8 public holidays per year for full time equivalent staff (8 days annual leave is reserved to cover the Christmas break when the College is closed).
- Meals: provision of meals free of charge while on duty when the kitchens are open and tea and coffee.
- Health & Wellbeing:
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free confidential telephone helpline with access to face-to-face counselling.
- Free annual flu jab.
- Free eye tests for all staff and a contribution towards new glasses if your prescription has changed.
- Travel Pass Loan: a discounted travel scheme is available with monthly deductions from salary.
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Bike Loan: monthly deductions from salary.
- University Staff Benefits: staff at Oxford can enjoy a wide range of benefits through the University including retail and free visitor access to the University’s colleges, gardens, libraries and museums, and events.
St Hugh’s College is looking for a temporary Housekeeper to join its current housekeeping team. The successful candidate must have good communication skills and take pride in their work to ensure the highest levels of housekeeping services for all College accommodation. Hours will include some evenings and weekends, which will be agreed in advance depending on the needs of the College. We are seeking staff to join its vibrant, motivated and passionate housekeeping team which delivers excellent customer service to our students, academics and also commercial guests and VIPs.
This is a role with varied duties, which will include cleaning of student and staff accommodation. You will be expected to maintain high standard of cleaning throughout all areas of the College. You will also be asked to assist with spring-cleaning accommodation at the end of each term in preparation of conferences, B&B quests and any VIP events.
You must be flexible, customer focused, approachable, professional and passionate about high standards of cleanliness, with experience within a similar customer-facing role, ideally experience as cleaner/housekeeper would be an advantage.
Please see the job description for more details on the post.
To apply, please complete the application form below together with the equal opportunities monitoring form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday on Monday 12 February 2024
Interviews: It is anticipated that interviews will be held in person at St Hugh’s College on Friday 16 February 2024.
If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com
St Hugh’s is a self-governing College of Oxford University and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.