Skip to main content

2. Finance and Accommodation

All new undergraduate students will need to ensure that fees and other charges are paid (or a direct debit has been set up) on or before arrival. Please use the Freshers’ Finance Form below to tell the Finance Office which items you wish to be included on your invoice, which will be sent to you in mid-September. A copy of your submission will be sent to the email address you provide.

You can make a payment right away or wait for an invoice to be emailed to you. For more information about how to make a payment please visit the Making Payments to College page. International students may also wish to read the guide on opening a UK bank account found on this page, along with other useful information.

In conjunction with the University, the College has produced the Undergraduate Finance Guide, which provides information on financial matters and support at College and University level.

Please refer to the FAQ section at the bottom of this page and direct any queries to or 01865 274915.

Accommodation is provided for all undergraduate students. You will be told your room when you arrive and will be asked to sign your licence to occupy and collect your keys.

Please refer to the FAQ section at the bottom of this page and direct any queries to or 01865 274907.


Freshers’ Finance Form

This form should be completed by incoming undergraduate students.

Expand All +
How do I buy food in College?

Your University Card also acts as a meal card on which you will be able to add money for the Dining Hall’s cashless system, UPAY. For more information please see the Finance FAQs and UPAY

Do I need to bring my own bedding?

College does not provide bedding and you will therefore need to bring your own, or order a Bedding Pack for £25 using the Freshers’ Finance Form. Bedding Packs include a duvet, duvet-cover, sheet, pillow and pillowcase.

How do I open a bank account?

The University provides guidance for international and EU students who wish to open a UK bank account. This can be found here.

What are JCR subscriptions and charities?

The Junior Common Room operates as a club; details of JCR provision can be found in the Freshers’ Guide. The College collects the subscription and charity donations on behalf of the JCR each October. If you have any questions or wish to opt out do contact the JCR Treasurer:

If I apply for a Student Loan in the first year, do I need to apply each following year?

Yes, whether in receipt of a maintenance or tuition loan, you need to apply every year if you require a loan from Student Finance.

What should I do if the Direct Debit payment is due to be taken from my account but the Student Loan funds are not there yet?

Please contact the Finance Office without delay to explain the situation no later than 5 working days before your Direct Debit is due to be collected. Providing the 5 working days notice has been given we will be able to stop the Direct Debit collection to give you time to investigate why you have not received your loan. Common reasons why Student Finance do not make payments include when new students do not apply in time, do not return signed documents, or have not registered with the University online.

Click here to proceed to 3. Practical Information.